Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) in Tampa
At our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) in Tampa, our structured programming gives individuals the opportunity to live at home or in a sober living home while attending a structured addiction treatment program during the day.
When drug or alcohol addiction takes over, a person can feel helpless. Their loved ones worry about them. Everyone may feel confused about what kind of help is best. While detox is often the first and crucial beginning to recovery, it’s just the start. Tampa Bay Recovery Center provides expert care from compassionate professionals. Our PHP in Tampa is a step down from residential treatment and helps you develop emotional, mental, and spiritual healing to begin living the life you were meant to live.
What is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
When most think of addiction treatment, they think of a facility that they are at 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. While these programs can be beneficial, they also prevent triggers and keep clients away from real-world situations until treatment is over.
However, for a lot of people, this type of treatment can be too intensive. Many people are unable to take off work, leave family obligations, and must continue daily living. At Tampa Bay Recovery Center, we offer another level of care as an alternative to residential treatment, including Partial Hospitalization Programming.
A Partial Hospitalization Program is a less structured outpatient program. During this time, clients are at our treatment facility from 9 AM to 3:30 PM receiving group therapy, individual, therapy, and other treatment services during the day. Once treatment is over, clients either return back home or live in a structured sober living environment offsite.
What to Expect in Our Partial Hospitalization Program in Tampa
Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) are often the first step after a person completes detox or residential treatment. Those attending our Partial hospitalization program in Tampa go to treatment sessions five days per week or an equivalent of 25 clinical hours. Each day’s session lasts for several hours.
Programming includes numerous options including:
- Group therapy – Group therapy takes place five days per week where individuals come together to share what they may be struggling with. They are provided with feedback from other group members along with a group facilitator.
- Individual psychotherapy – Individual therapy takes place once per week with a Master’s level clinician. During individual therapy, the client and therapist process the individual’s addiction, family dynamics, maladaptive coping skills, and more.
- Case management – Case management takes place once per week. During this time the case manager works with the client to identify specific needs the client may need in moving forward with their recovery. This could pertain to employment paperwork, specialty doctor visits, family participation in treatment, and more. The case manager is designed to be the client’s advocate.
- Doctor’s visits – Each client sees our medical director or nurse practitioner upon admission for an initial evaluation. Once that has been completed, clients see our medical director or nurse practitioner on a bi-weekly basis.
- Family Therapy – Family sessions can help restore family strain, set firm boundaries, and more. These sessions are dependent upon the needs of the individual and family members.
Ready to Escape Addiction? Let’s get started.
Benefits of Partial Hospitalization Programming in Tampa
Attending our PHP in Tampa provides several advantages. Often, a person is ready to leave residential treatment but hasn’t reached the point of being able to end treatment yet. This can especially be true for someone whose addiction has lasted for a long time.
In addition, PHP can make a huge difference for someone who has completed treatment in the past but relapsed. At our PHP in Tampa, clients can either live at home or in a structured sober living home. A huge benefit to living in a supportive housing environment pertains to how it keeps the person in a safe temporary home environment.
They won’t return to toxic home lives that may cause those new to recovery to relapse quickly. Instead, the person will be surrounded by co-residents who are all dedicated to staying sober. PHP helps prepare people to return home and take the reigns of their old lives. They can address what they need to change now that they have spent time sober.
When PHP in Tampa Bay is completed, the person may step down to another type of treatment. These include regular outpatient (OP), intensive outpatient program in Tampa, and Virtual IOP. Tampa Bay Recovery Center offers both of these programs. We can help each person decide if they can benefit from transitioning into one. Studies show that the more treatment a person receives, the more likely they are to stay in long-term recovery.
How Long Does PHP Last?
How long PHP lasts depends on a few factors. First is the person’s specific treatment needs. This includes how long they have been addicted and to what substance. In addition, how much they typically consumed can influence how long they will need PHP. Most programs last at least thirty days. Participants may benefit more from staying in Partial Hospitalization Program in Tampa for a few months. Together, treatment team members can work with the person to determine the ideal amount of time to stay in treatment.
Is PHP Right for Me?
PHP may not be for everyone, but it works well for many. It combines elements of residential treatment that continue to benefit someone who does not need round-the-clock care. A person who has just left detox or another residential program may gain a lot from attending PHP. Many of the same types of therapy provided in residential care are part of PHP. Additionally, it allows them to enjoy less structure. This, in turn, helps them put what they learn to the test with a safety net in place.
If an individual needs focused care that lasts more than a few hours a week, PHP can be the answer. It provides them with a solid plan before they step down from residential to a less time-intensive outpatient program. Consulting with an admissions counselor can help determine if PHP is right for the person.
What We Offer at our Partial Hospitalization Program
Our Partial hospitalization program in Tampa offers several avenues that help a person embrace sobriety. Individual and group therapy form the basis of helping someone understand their addictions. However, treatment doesn’t stop there.
In our Partial Hospitalization Program, the person does not live in the facility where they receive treatment. While some clients may return to their homes at night and commute back and forth, other clients live in sober living houses or similar environments. The combination of focused treatment multiple days per week and a sober living home create a template that aids in staying sober. While living in a sober living may not be appropriate for some, this allows a person to take advantage of what best suits their recovery needs.
We offer several other proven methods to help someone. These therapies don’t just contribute to staying sober while in treatment with us. Many can be continued after graduating from our program. Other therapies we offer include:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): EMDR has proven to be effective in treating trauma-based conditions. These include addiction, post-traumatic stress disorder, mental illness, eating disorders, and more.
- Brainspotting: This is a talk therapy that helps people process trauma through fixed eye positions. Similar to EMDR, trained therapists conduct each session.
- Red Light Therapy (RLT): RLT involves using low levels of red or near-infrared lights. It helps treat conditions related to the skin and muscle tissues, helping cells repair themselves.
- Holistic Drug Rehab: The belief that the mind, body, and spirit are connected forms the basis of holistic therapy. Types of holistic therapy include art therapy, meditation, acupuncture, and yoga.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): MAT is a combination of FDA-approved medications and talk therapy. Together, they help people in recovery make great progress. The medications can treat withdrawal symptoms and mental health side effects.
Begin Partial Hospitalization (PHP) in Tampa Today
When it’s time to get help for drug and alcohol addiction, you want the right program for your needs. Tampa Recovery provides the professional help you require. Our PHP in Tampa program gives you the focused care that many need after leaving detox or residential treatment. We teach you to understand the source of your addiction. In addition, you learn how to stay sober for life. Visit our admissions page now and see how you can quickly get on the road to recovery.